If you want to ask a question about this service please login
The Elastic Cloud Computing Cluster (EC3) is a platform that allows creating elastic virtual clusters on top of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers, either public (such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure) or on-premises (such as OpenNebula and OpenStack). Through a 'job wizard' interface, the user can configure the virtual cluster with a predefined set of applications that will be deployed in the clouds underpinning the EGI Applications On Demand infrastructure. The installation and the configuration of the cluster are performed by means of the execution of Ansible receipts. The cluster configured by EC3 is private: as soon as it is configured the user will have root access to the environment, and can setup and configure the cluster installing additional libraries and software to their needs.
- Federated authentication through the EGI Applications on Demand service.
- Web based access.
- Interoperability with most widely used IaaS cloud technologies
- Wizard interface to streamline the configuration and the deployment of the virtual cluster on top of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers.
- Several Ansible receipts are available to deploy applications and tools in the cluster nodes.
- Nodes of the clusters will be self-managed by CLUES. Working nodes will be undeployed when they are idle.
- Use of ‘per-user subproxies’ from EGI to access X.509-protected resources on the users’ behalf.
Places and languages
Related Infrastructures and Platforms
- EGI Applications on Demand
- EOSC-hub project
- Research affiliation needed
- Production (min. TRL 8)