Dynamic On Demand Analysis Service (DODAS Portal)
Simplify the access and management of computing resources
- Provided by:
- Italian National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN)
- Research area:
- Physical sciences
If you want to ask a question
about this service please login
DODAS acts as cloud enabler designed for scientists seeking to easily exploit distributed and heterogeneous clouds to process data. Aiming to reduce the learning curve as well as the operational cost of managing community specific services running on distributed cloud, DODAS completely automates the process of provisioning, creating, managing and accessing a pool of heterogeneous computing and storage resources.
- A comprehensive approach to opportunistic computing, with the possibility of orchestrate multiple centers (e.g. campus facilities, public or private clouds, to gather all available computing and storage resources).
- A simple solution for elastic computing site extensions, e.g. extension of allocated resources in order to absorb peaks of usage.
- An easy and controlled procedure to dynamically instantiate a spot ‘Data Analysis Facility’, for example a mission specific site. This is meant as the generation of an ephemeral WLCG-Tier as a Service to share computing and data resources with collaborators.
- The support to create HTCondor batch systems and BigData Platform on demand over multi-backend IaaS cloud resources.
Service slide deck
Places and languages
- Production (min. TRL 8)