B2SHARE is a user-friendly, reliable and trustworthy way for researchers, scientific communities and citizen scientists to store and publish small-scale research data from diverse contexts. B2SHARE is a solution that facilitates research data storage, guarantees long-term persistence of data and allows data, results or ideas to be shared worldwide.
- The basic production service comprises the following features:
- self-service registration for any scientists and researchers,
- free upload and registration of stable research data,
- data access policy is defined by the data owner,
- metadata is openly accessible and harvestable,
- customised metadata handling and customized user interfaces (e.g. for metadata acquisition),
- data integrity is ensured by checksums which are calculated during data ingest,
- the data is kept online, the storage usage base on the principle of fair share.
Perfect for the individuals researchers who do not have adequate facilities for storing, preserving and sharing data, B2SHARE Service is a customer-facing service which provides a safe repository for scientific data and a easy way to share it in the research community.
To access the service you need to:
- The EUDAT public B2SHARE service (https://b2share.eudat.eu) is offered as a fairshare free-to-use service, users can register themselves via the B2SHARE service.
- Requests for a specific community domain and metadata template or a dedicated instance can by selecting one of the service options below.
- Set the relevant parameters and add the service to the cart.
- Go to the cart and submit your order.
- You will receive an email summarising your order.
- You will be contacted by the EUDAT support team.
Service provided by
EUDAT and CSC
Service slide deck
B2SHARE is a user-friendly, reliable and trustworthy way for researchers, scientific communities and citizen scientists to store and publish small-scale research data from diverse...Show more
For Data Providers
To enlarge the discovery of existing datasets, data repository owners can make their research data collections stored in existing data repositories harvestable and discoverable via public B2FIND...Show more
For Communities And Organisations
A way to deploy a local instance use the B2FIND technology. Community data managers can adapt this local instance to support community specific facets. The community and/or organisation local...Show more
Places and languages
Related Infrastructures and Platforms