B2FIND is the EUDAT metadata service and provides a discovery portal which allows users to find data collections within an international and inter-disciplinary scope. It is based on a comprehensive metadata catalogue of research data collections stored in EUDAT data centres and other repositories. Harmonization of the metadata descriptions collected from heterogeneous sources enables not only the presentation in a consistent form but as well the faceted search across scientific domain boundaries.
B2FIND is for communities and other providers of research data who need to publish and give visibility to their metadata and individual researchers who need to search data from everywhere, and see data in the context with an accross community approach.
- based on a comprehensive joint catalogue of EUDAT services and external metadata
- metadata is mapped onto standardized facets
- supports faceted, geospatial and temporal metadata searches
- allows users to search and browse datasets via keyword searches
- results displayed in user-friendly format and listed in order of relevance
- access to the scientific data objects is given through references provided in the metadata
- available for communities in the EUDAT registered domain of data
- define with whom to exchange data, for how long and how
- are offered up to 20GB of storage space for research data
- access and manage permissions to files from any device and any location
To access the service you need to:
- The EUDAT public B2FIND service is offered as a fairshare free-to-use service, no registration is required to search through the B2FIND service.
- Request for metadata data harvesting of an existing data repository select the service option below.
- Provide URL to data repository
- Provide URL endpoint for harvesting, see B2FIND guidelines for harvesting
- Go to the cart and submit your order.
- You will receive an email summarising your order.
- You will be contacted by the EUDAT support team
Service provided by
EUDAT and Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ)
B2FIND For Researchers
B2FIND is a discovery service based on metadata steadily harvested from research data collections from EUDAT data centres and other community repositories. The service offers faceted browsing and...Show more
B2FIND For Data Providers
To enlarge the discovery of existing datasets, data repository owners can make their research data collections stored in existing data repositories harvestable and discoverable via public B2FIND...Show more
B2FIND For Communities And Organisations
A way to deploy a local instance use the B2FIND technology. Community data managers can adapt this local instance to support community specific facets. The community and/or organisation local...Show more
Places and languages
Related Infrastructures and Platforms